SharePoint Integration with Dynamics Navision
Integrating Microsoft SharePoint applications with Microsoft Dynamics Navision gives the added advantage of enhanced business productivity, improved workflows, better connectivity services, collaboration, visibility and scalability. Both platforms have individual advantages of their own and integrating those makes for wholesome business processes!
Advantages of Microsoft SharePoint
From inventory optimization, records of time and expense, management of alerts and workflow, the SharePoint server product does it all! Create customer facing portals, forums, intranets, manage documents, search or provide Business Intelligence - Microsoft Office SharePoint solves many business challenges.
Benefits of Microsoft SharePoint include:
- Enhanced collaboration
- Management of data, documents and record from different sources and databases
- Content Management
- Aids in creation of portals, intranets and helps in securing communication
- Supports search and Business Intelligence
- Access to applications and data in a secure environment
- Increases productivity
- Easy to track projects, communicate and access applications in the cloud from anywhere and everywhere
Managing Microsoft Dynamics Navision and SharePoint Online
Today, business enterprises are going in for integration between SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics NAV in the cloud! Navision is closely connected with Office 365 and Excel and OneNote work well with NAV.
On exporting Microsoft Dynamics Navision data to Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word, Microsoft Dynamics NAV can be configured for storing data on SharePoint Online and then accessing the data with Office 365. Information about Office 365 account can be set up in Microsoft Dynamics Navision such that it may connect to Office 365 and SharePoint Online services.
Proper Evaluation before Integration
Microsoft SharePoint is by far a useful development platform which business organizations use to perform business functions. However, before integration with Microsoft Dynamics Navision, evaluation of why you are going in for this integration, how it will add value to your business, pros and cons of various technical options available and availability of trained professionals in the field is some prerequisites.
Integration of SharePoint with NAV —- Payback and Profits!
1. A powerful system, equipped with myriad features comes to the fore with such integration.
2. It facilitates creation of new SharePoint applications or allows modification of existing SharePoint applications, displaying Microsoft Dynamics NAV pages and reports from which users can view, edit and manage Microsoft Dynamics NAV data.
3. The employees can access business information and can work with live or real-time data such as invoices, reports, sales orders and client information.
4. Control of access rights as also saving of e-mails, documents and correspondence in SharePoint document libraries becomes possible.
5. Access to line-of-business applications along with increased Returns on Investment (ROI), faster business decisions utilizing real-time data, customized workflows, data mining and easy analysis of business data through simple graphical user interface are some of the benefits any business enterprise will beget by integrating SharePoint with NAV.
6. Opting for SharePoint integration services provides enterprise-wide access to documents, spreadsheets, forms and business intelligence solutions. Such a set up can be customized according to any growing business requirement.
Thus, effective integration of technologies simplifies workflow and boost efficiency. Business organizations are going in for hosted solutions such as Office 365 for imparting more flexibility and functionality to their business while integrating it with Microsoft Dynamics Navision - customized integration!